The Big Shout

Thursday 3 February 2011

Use the Force!

It still blows my brains when I think about how much it costs to run an ad  during the Superbowl but how iconic is that media space? If you say "Half time show" most people  would know that that was the Superbowl, amazing recognition.

As a result each year manufacturers come up with specific and very impactful ads to run in that break and this one from Volkswagen for the Passat is excellent.

It features an iconic character and renowned music, cute kid, stereo type middle class American family life and the product as hero and climax to the gag.

I've done exactly this to my kids and it's brilliant!


Volkswagen are also showing another very cool 30" ad for the Beetle which I might share with you in another post!

Oliver Russell | Joint Managing Director   

The Big Shot | 10 Fitzroy Square, London, W1T 5HP

Posted via email from oliversrussell's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Big Shot Limited Tel: +44 (0)20 7874 1570